The meeting was held at the Lake Worth City Hall from approximately 9:30 am to 10:45 am on November 6, 2015.
The following topics were discussed:
- More specific engineering requirements as they relate to the proximity of any boat mechanism to the Control Structure. More information will be obtained.
- Updates regarding new and additional support from The PBC League of Cities and the Palm Beach County BCC. Sister city invitees for the next meeting, as well as PBC staff.
- The possibility of including the much needed upgrades to the two existing fishing piers, on both the WPB and Lake Worth sides of the canal that sit adjacent to the Control Structure and what additional engineering elements would be needed to incorporate their structural improvements into the overall project design.
- What project descriptions and cost analysis's are still needed in order to complete a state legislative budget request.
- Utilizing a portion of remaining MPO funds for project presentation and marketing materials; also, utilizing an additional portion for renderings which would include rehabilitated fishing pier configurations.
Dan Clark, City of Lake Clarke Shores
Shanon Materio, City of West Palm Beach
Karen Estock, SFWMD
Dolores Key, City of Lake Worth
Jim Karas, Keith & Schnars
Richard Pinsky, Akerman
Glen Torcivia, City of Lake Worth
Danna Ackerman-White, Commissioner Shelly Vana
Michael Busha, TCRPC
Jennifer Sullivan, Ideabar
The date and time of the next meeting will be December 11, 2015, at 9:30 am.