The meeting was held at the Lake Worth City Hall from approximately 9:30 am to 10:45 am on October 9, 2015.
The following topics were discussed:
- Preparation of hand-outs and project back-up materials for the purpose of supporting any funding requests.
- Expanding the group of stakeholders to include interested parties, such as PBC League of Cities; Palm Beach County ERM; Sister Cities; other communities impacted by the Chain of Lakes.
- Adopting a formal MOU for distribution and participation amongst the ever growing group of stakeholders.
- What engineering and hydraulic studies would need to be completed to complete an Army Corps of Engineers permit application and the approximate costs associated with those studies.
- Remaining MPO funds that may be available for the project through the TCRPC.
Michael Bornstein, City of Lake Worth
Dan Clark, City of Lake Clarke Shores
Shanon Materio, City of West Palm Beach
Laura Corry, SFWMD
Karen Estock, SFWMD
Felicia Goldstein, Congresswoman Lois Frankel
Dolores Key, City of Lake Worth
Jim Karas, Keith & Schnars
Richard Pinsky, Akerman
Glen Torcivia, City of Lake Worth
Melissa Santoro, Senator Jeff Clemens
Nick Uhren, MPO
The date and time of the next meeting will be November 6, 2015, at 9:30 am