The meeting was held at the Palm Beach County Commission Building, in the McEaddy Conference Room, from approximately 9:30 am to 11 :50 am on January 5, 2016.
The following topics were discussed:
- As a result of the discussions between the SFWMD, Keith & Schnars, fishing enthusiasts and others, a final dollar amount of $286,000 dollars was identified as the funds needed to complete the engineering and planning portions in order to complete the necessary permitting applications to the Army Corps and the SFWMD.
- The funds will be requested as a one-time Appropriation from the Florida Legislature during the upcoming 2016 Regular Session. State Representative Dave Kerner and State Senator Jeff Clemens will be the sponsors of the funding request in their respective chambers.
- Resolutions in support of creating two-way access for small watercraft at the C-51 Spillway have been adopted by Palm Beach County; Lake Clarke Shores; and the Town of Haverhill. Several other cities are scheduled to adopt a resolution in the coming weeks.
- A web address has been secured, bluewaytrail.com, and a web page is being developed.
- Ideabar presented the final draft video, brochure and power point. Several suggestions were given which will be incorporated in the final version of each in preparation for next week's Palm Beach County Day in Tallahassee.
- Scheduling of informational presentations to cities, business groups and homeowner associations will begin immediately, utilizing the new marketing materials such as the power point and video, with the goal of securing additional resolutions of support. Dan Clark will temporarily serve as the point of contact for the scheduling and coordination of presentations.
No date or location for the next meeting was set due to the Legislative Session.
Danna Ackerman-White, Comm Shelley Vana
Gwen Berry, Ideabar
Todd Bonlarron, PBC BCC
Dan Clark, Town of Lake Clarke Shores
Laura Corry, SFWMD
Kim Delaney, TCRPC
Dorothy Gravelin, Town of Cloud Lake
Bob Hamilton, PBC Parks Dpt.
Jim Karas, Keith & Schnars
Shanon Materio, City of West Palm Beach
Richard Pinsky, Akerman, LLC
Richard Radcliffe, PBC League of Cities
Melissa Santoro, Senator Clemens
Bob Shalhoub, Town of Lake Clarke Shores
David Shane, Representative Dave Kerner
Jennifer Sullivan, Ideabar
Kenneth Wenning, Keith & Schnars